Lagos is a very big city in Nigeria, it is the largest city in Africa with more than 17.5 million inhabitants. Lagos is a important financial centre in Africa and a port city on the Atlantic Ocean. The city is located on the mainland and several islands: Lagos Island, Tin Can Island, Snake Island and Victoria Island. Lagos is gradually becoming a major tourist destination. Lagos has numerous festivals (music, film, carnaval), a thriving nightlife, nature parks and beautiful long beaches with clear water and good temperatures.
Down here you will find a few of the many hotels and resorts in and near Lagos. All hotels have air conditioned rooms with satelite tv and most of them are suited for business travellers offering meeting facilities, conference rooms and desks.
• The Blowfish Hotel five stars hotel on Victoria Island. The rooms feature flat screen tv and private bathroom and bathtub.
• Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel five star hotels on Victoria Island. This hotel has an outdoor pool and air conditioned rooms, flatscreen tv's with satellite channels.
• Lagos Oriental Hotel five stars hotel on Victoria Island and offers free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool, sauna and fitness center.
• The Wheatbaker five star hotel in Ikoyi on Lagos island. The hotel has air-conditioned rooms equipped with a coffee maker, safe and, private bathrooms omplete with a hairdryer and bath or shower.
• Sun Heaven Hotels four stars hotel on Victoria Island. Sun Heaven Hotels features free Wi-Fi and rooms include a seating area with tv to relax in after a busy day.
• The Avenue Suites four star hotel on Victoria Island with private beach and fitness centre. The rooms offers views of the sea and the city, extra facilities are satellite and cable channels.
• Mgallery Moorhouse four stars hotel in Ikoyi on Victoria Island a 30 minitues drive from the international airport of Lagos. The hotel has an own fitness centre and outdoor swimming pool.
• Hotel Bon Voyage four star hotel located on Victoria Island featuring an outdoor pool, a fitness centre and a spa & wellness centre. There is free wifi and the rooms have minibars and private bathrooms with bathtub.
• The Lilygate Lagos four stars hotel in Lekki on Victoria Island. The rooms have private bathrooms with hairdryer, overlook the city and are equipped with a desk and a safe. There is a 24 hour reception.
• Southern Sun Ikoyi Hotel ,a four star hotel in Ikoyi on Victoria island with an outdoor restaurant, firness center and free WiFi. The rooms have showers with hairdryers, other facilities include a tour desk , free parking and an ironing service.
• Golden Tulip Festac Lagos this four stars hotel on Lagos mainland is a 20 minutes drive from Lagos Lagoon and offers an outdoor pool, a tennis court, fitness centre and aspa & wellness center. There is free wifi in all areas. The suites have a sitting area. Each morning a breakfast buffet is served. The hotel restaurant serves international and local dishes.
• Villa Angelia Boutique Hotel a four stars hotel in Ikoyi on Victoria Island. This self-catering accommodation features free WiFi, free parking and a fitness centre. The apartment hotel has rooms with minibar, refrigirator, electric kettle, a dining area and views over the pool and city. Also, Angelia offers meeting facilities, a shared lounge and luggage storage.
• Three Arms Hotel four stars hotel in Ikoyi on Victoria Island. The hotel features free parking, a fitness center, outdoor swimming pool and meeting facilities. Lagos International Airport is 28 km away.
• Morning Side Suites four stars located on Victoria island. Morningside Inn features a 24-hour reception, free parking, a terrace and a bar. Rooms have a desk, minibar, a coffee machine and the en suite bathrooms have a shower.
All hotels have air conditioned rooms with satelite tv and most of them are suited for business travellers offering meeting facilities, conference rooms and desks.
Festivals in Lagos: Eyo Festival, Badagry Festival, Lagos Black Heritage Carnival, Lagos Carnival, Eko International Film Festival, Lagos Seafood Festival, Lagos Photo Festival and The Lagos Jazz Series.
Beaches in Lagos: Elegushi Beach, Atican Beach, Bar Beach, Tarkwa Beach, Eleko Beach and Lighthouse Beach, Badagry Beach, Alpha beach, Lekki Beach, Akodo Beach, Tarkwa Bay, Ogogoro Island, Atlas Cove, Ilashe Beach and Agaja Beach.